This End User License Agreement is installed with your software and presented to you when you create your account on our online licensing system, My Photopia. By creating your account and/or installing the software, you are agreeing to these terms.
LTI OPTICS, LLC END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Updated May 28 2020
This is a legal document between you, the end user, and LTI Optics, LLC (“LTI Optics”). The enclosed LTI Optics software program (the SOFTWARE), is licensed by LTI Optics to you, the original purchaser, for use only on the terms set forth in this agreement. By installing the SOFTWARE on your computer, you are agreeing to be bound to the terms in this agreement. If you are agreeing to this Agreement not as an individual but on behalf of your company, government, or other entity for which you are acting, then “you” means your entity and you are binding your entity to this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, uninstall and return this product to LTI Optics within 30 days for a full refund.
- Grant of License. LTI Optics grants you the right to use only the legal number of copies purchased or leased of the enclosed SOFTWARE on computers at the site of the original purchaser for the License Term. You may use LTI Optics’ online licensing system with the SOFTWARE so a limited number of copies can be shared to a greater number of users. Licenses may only be shared within the defined regions in which they were purchased. Defined regions are: North America [ Canada, United States ], Mexico, Brazil, Central and South America [ all countries except Mexico and Brazil ], Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore & Vietnam, China, Hong Kong & Taiwan, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Eastern Europe [ Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Turkey, Russia, Belarus ], Western Europe [ UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal ], All other countries not listed above.
- Copyright. The software is owned by LTI Optics and is protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty provisions. You must treat the SOFTWARE as you would any other copyrighted material (such as a book), except that you may copy the SOFTWARE to a hard disk for normal use. You may not copy the User’s Guide accompanying the SOFTWARE.
- Other Restrictions. You may not rent or lease the software to a third party. You may not transfer the software or accompanying User’s Guide to a third party. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works from the SOFTWARE.
- Limited Warranty. LTI Optics warrants that the SOFTWARE will perform substantially as described in the User’s Guide for a period of 90 days from the date of receipt.
- Customer Remedies. Your remedy under this warranty is only that LTI Optics will endeavor to correct, within a reasonable period of time, any reported failure of the SOFTWARE to perform substantially as described in the User’s Guide. If LTI Optics is unable to provide you with this remedy, LTI Optics will, at its sole and exclusive option, either replace the SOFTWARE with a functionally equivalent program at no charge or refund the purchase price of the SOFTWARE.
NO OTHER WARRANTIES. LTI Optics disclaims all other warranties, either express or implied, with respect to the SOFTWARE.
NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Under no circumstances shall LTI Optics or the authors of this program be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, business disruption, or loss of information, arising out of the use of or inability to use this SOFTWARE.
As some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability or warranty, not all of these limitations may apply to you.
The laws of the State of Colorado in the United States of America govern this agreement.
CALCULATIONS: DISCLAIMER Calculations have been performed according to IES standards and good practice. Some differences between measured values and calculated values may occur due to tolerances in calculation methods, testing procedures, component performance, measurement techniques and field conditions such as voltage and temperature variations. If the real environment conditions do not match the input data, significant differences will occur between measured and calculated values.
Updated May 28 2020
What this policy covers
Your privacy is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you. This policy is intended to help you understand:
- The data we collect about you
- What we do with the data we collect
- How we share information we collect
- How we keep your information safe
- How to access and control your information
- How we transfer information we collect internationally
The data we collect about you:
In order to provide the best service and software we can, we collect certain information about you when you interact with our services.
When visiting our general website, www.ltioptics.com:
When you browse our website we may collect the following information about your visit:
- Your IP address, your location based on your IP address, and the internet service provider associated with your ip address
- Your operating system and computer information
- The pages you’ve visited
When visiting our account management site, myphotopia.ltioptics.com, or when emailing, calling or otherwise interacting with our staff:
Whether you use our web based account page, My Photopia, or email, call or otherwise interact with our staff, we collect other information to allow us to do business with you, including:
- Your name, company name, email address, phone number, physical addresses and other items related to how we do business with you
- Billing details for purchases
- A record of all email and telephone correspondence, including the date, time, location and content of such correspondence
- Your IP address, location (geo-located from the IP address), operating system and browser version, and software version when you visit our website or use our software with online licensing functionality
What we do with the data we collect:
The data we collect from your website visits allows us to optimize your website experience and tailor our offerings to you.
The data we collect when you interact with us allows us to provide you with our software and services. For example, your operating system version and location allow us to present you with the proper software downloads and pricing. Your IP address and computer information allow us to provide you a license to your software and to share that license with other users at your company.
How we share information we collect:
We limit the amount and kind of data we share about you as much as possible.
With other people at your company
If your company uses our online licensing system, each user within your company can see the name and email address of all other users. You will also be able to see when other uses have accessed the shared licenses of the software. This is all viewed on My Photopia, which is a secure password protected site.
With our Contracted Representatives
For customers outside our direct selling territory, we share your information with our contracted representative for your region. These representatives are covered by contracts which include non-disclosure and confidentiality clauses which prevents them from sharing your information.
We do not sell data
We do not sell any of your data to third parties.
We do not share personal data with third parties
We do not share your data with any third parties. The only entities we share your data with are our contracted representatives that cover your region. You often already have or will have a contractual relationship with this representative if you purchase and/or use our software.
We may aggregate and anonymize data to share with third parties that we have a relationship with, but this will never be personally identifiable. This may include items like percentages of users on specific CAD versions, using specific features, or selecting certain lamps or materials from our library.
Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws: Enforcement of Our Rights
In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) protect LTI Optics, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
How we keep your information safe:
We use best practices when storing and processing your information. Our databases are encrypted at rest and especially sensitive information like user passwords are never stored directly but hashed using secure protocols.
Payment information, including credit card and bank account numbers, is handled directly by our processors and never stored in our systems.
In order to facilitate ongoing support, we do not delete information from our records unless requested to do so.
How to access and control your information:
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format.
On the My Photopia website you can view and update certain pieces of information as well as opt out of communications.
If you wish for us to delete your information, you will need to contact us using the information in the Contact Us section below. Please note that by deleting your information, we can no longer provide you with our software or services.
How we transfer information internationally:
We collect information globally and may transfer, process and store your information outside of your country of residence, to wherever we or our third-party service providers operate for the purpose of providing you the Services. Whenever we transfer your information, we take steps to protect it. Transfers are always covered under an appropriate legal mechanism.
Your information is controlled by LTI Optics LLC. If you have questions please contact us using this information:
LTI Optics LLC
10850 Dover St, Suite 300
Westminster, CO 80021 USA
300 Chemin de l'Enclos
13100 Aix en Provence, FRANCE